Mike's Lexicon


Things Mike will say during the sessions.
"So get used to 'em. (them)"
to get used to... = abituarsene


You are (You're) doin' great.
You're doin' fine.
You're doin' OK.

You'll get there.
I'll get you there.

Don't worry.

It works. It's the same way I learned Italian.

Forget about grammar for now.
Forget about (it) for a second.
(those are things you can learn (get) from books)

There are a lot of silent letters in english.
There are many silent letters in english.

Listen to how it sounds.
Listen carefully, to the sound.

Don't translate from Italian.
Try not to translate form Italian.
Feel what you're talking about.
The mood, the place, the situation.

Lots of (many) words in English a have multiple meanings.

Repeat.
Repeat that.
Repeat after me.

I would like for you to ...
I'd like you to ...

You ask her.
Now, you tell her.